- 14-24-36-50 (64 Way) contact connectors.
- Glass filled polyester dielectric permits operation to 700
VDC at sea level without shorting or flashover. Dielectric
resists cracking or chipping - has high mechanical strength,
also low moisture absorption.
- Copper alloy contacts with plated gold over nickel for
excellent current electrical continuity as wiped-clean
conductor cold flows around engaging surface to form large
- Hooked contacts recessed in body to prevent mating damage.
- Float-bushing mounting permits
0.020" radial float for easy mating.
- Zinc-plated steel outer shell with clear chromate finish
- Wide, flat mating surfaces are
pressed tightly together by the flexing action of both contacts
for protection against ˇ§opensˇ¨.
- Positive mating action wipes contacts clean, removes film or
foreign material for low contact resistance.
- Trapezoidal shell assures correct polarity.
- Metal shells improved EMI/RFI shielding.
- Combines the field proven features of the 57 series (solder)
connectors with the IDC termination techniques.
- Termination technique requires no specialist operators.
- Coded contacts to assist wiring identification.
- Intermateable with all other 57 series connectors.
- 90˘X plastic hoods are
separate from the cable clamp device which is attached
directly to the connector body. The hood snaps on and off
- The mated connectors may be locked together with either
spring clips, provided on the receptacle, or a captivated
screw. With the spring clip locking device there is no need
for additional hardware. The spring clips engage the windows
provided in the plug body.